If a severe storm, blown transformer, or electrical wiring issue in your Richmond area home causes a power outage, keeping your house safe and your family comfortable are usually top priorities. Whole-home generators provide the assurance you need to weather power outages without anxiety.
Get a free quote for whole-home generator installation service by contacting Short Pump Heating & Air online or calling (804) 364-9040 today!
Backup Generators Keep Homes Running Smoothly
Automatic backup or standby generators are designed to swing into action immediately after a power cut so that you can continue to run crucial electrical items, such as:
- Lighting and security systems
- Appliances, like your fridge, freezer, and cooktop
- Home comfort systems, like your heating and cooling systems
You can also get advanced features, like a Wi-Fi enabled backup generator, so you can easily monitor the device from your smartphone or computer.
Make sure you’re ready to weather an emergency power outage. Contact Short Pump Heating & Air online or call (804) 364-9040 to get a free quote for a generator system or to schedule any generator services today!
Types of Whole-Home Generators
When selecting a whole-home generator, there are a few options to consider:
- Manual generators: These types of generators have a manual switch that must be flipped by someone to run the generator whenever the power goes out. While manual generators can be a more affordable option upfront, they can be less convenient because someone will have to be home to activate the generator during a power outage.
- Automatic generators: With an automatic transfer switch (ATS), these generators automatically activate in a power outage. So, whenever you’re not at home and the power goes out, there’s nothing to worry about; your generator will instantly kick on, continuing to supply power to your home.
- Air-cooled whole-house generators: Air-cooled generators can work for a smaller home with less electrical needs, providing a maximum of approximately 20 kilowatts (kW) of electricity.
- Liquid-cooled whole-house generators: More expensive than air-cooled options, liquid-cooled generators can supply up to about 150 kW of power. This can make them better options for larger homes and great electrical needs.
How to Choose the Right Generator for Your Short Pump or Richmond Area Home
When selecting a whole-house generator, a few of the most important factors to consider are your electrical needs and the size of your home. If the power goes out, do you want (or need) to be able to run all of your household appliances, electronics, or systems? Or do you only need to run certain essentials?
As you weigh out your options, here’s a helpful guide to how much power, in watts, common household items typically require:
- Refrigerator: 700 W
- Freezer: 600 W
- Electric cooktop or stove: 1000 to 1500 W
- Microwave oven: 600 to 1000 W
- AC system (10,000 BTU): 1500 W
- Desktop computer: 200 to 400 W
- Laptop: 25 to 85 W
- Clothes washer: 1000 to 2500 W
Need help choosing the right type and size whole-home generator? Call (804) 364-9040 or contact Short Pump Heating & Air online for expert help!
Benefits of Backup Generators
If your power goes out any time after you’ve installed a standby power generator at home, you’ll:
- Never have to worry about food going bad
- Be able to keep your home and family comfortable
- Have peace of mind that your pipes won’t ever freeze or burst in freezing temperatures
- Be able to charge all of your portable electronics, from your cellphone to your tablet
- Know that your home security system is still protecting you
- Enjoy many other benefits
Whole-Home Generator Installation Services
At Short Pump Heating & Air, we install all types and sizes of whole-house generators in Short Pump and Richmond area homes. Once installed, your generator is integrated into your home’s electrical grid. Power outages will automatically trigger your backup generator (if you choose an automatic model), giving you a reliable, turnkey solution whenever your home loses power.
To schedule generator installation services in or around the Richmond, VA area, Call (804) 364-9040 or contact us online now!
Whole-Home Generator Repair & Maintenance Service
Once you’ve invested in a standby generator, make sure it’s ready to power your home—anytime you might need it—with reliable repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
While repairs can restore your generator when problems happen, maintenance is the key to avoiding problems and keeping your generator ready to run efficiently. Plus, maintenance service is usually required under many manufacturer warranties.
At Short Pump Heating & Air, we provide the complete range of generator services, from simple and complex repairs to thorough tune-up services.
Our whole-home generator maintenance services include:
- Oil and filter replacements
- Equipment cleaning
- Testing and calibration
- And more
Make sure you’re prepared for electrical outages. Get a backup generator and keep it well serviced with the team at Short Pump Heating & Air.
To get top-notch generators and service at great prices, contact us online or call (804) 364-9040 now.
We also invite you to check out our excellent reviews to see why we’re a leading choice for generator systems and services in and around Short Pump and Richmond, VA!